Friday 24 June 2016

Rafting

On Tuesday we left to go rafting at the Grey river when we got there we played some games and talked about the safety rules.  Once we got in the river we started paddling forward we got to our first rapid it was epic there were waves everywhere we even did a jump and landed it. We started going really fast I was at the front of the raft so when big waves hit us I got soaked it was awesome.  We got to a calm part of the river and some of us jumped out the raft, I jumped out of the raft the water was freezing. We got back in and we left for rapids again. This time, the waves were bigger and there were big holes in the water, we went in a hole and the whole raft got filled with water we got soaked. When we got to our campsite we set up our tents.  For dinner, my group made bacon burgers they were delicious.  At around 7 o'clock we played spotlight, Jayden was in and he was in a frog onesie.  I walked right past him and he didn't see me, I won that game.  After we had gone to bed me Calder and George had woke up at midnight thinking it was 7 o'clock in the morning it was so funny.  The next day we continued rafting, we went down heaps of rapids. It was an amazing experience going rafting and I hope to do it again.

1 comment:

  1. Joel, so great to hear you enjoyed the experience. For your next reflection, try and focus on the bigger picture rather than retelling the experience event by event. There are some great examples available. Bailey, in particular, has done a fine job of this http://paroagreybaileyr.blogspot.co.nz/2016/06/sea-kayaking-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete